Tuesday, September 11, 2012


Reading Response

Martin Drob 811

            In the book “Small Steps” by Louis Sachar, I think that one of the major characters, Kaira; is overreacting to what Armpit did. He sold a letter she had written to him to a ticket scalper. I think that if Kaira knew what the consequences were if Armpit didn’t sell the letter, she would understand, but she doesn’t give him anytime to explain himself.

            One of the Consequences that would have taken place is Armpit would go to jail and so would his best friend. I think if Kaira knew that she wouldn’t have stormed off and stopped talking to him. Another consequence would be that Armpit would have been fined. I do suppose that Kaira has a good point though. The ticket scalpers could sell the letter to a magazine or newspaper and expose Kaira.

            In conclusion I think that there are two different aspects to this story. But I think Kaira should have listened to Armpits story instead of running off like she did.


No comments:

Post a Comment